Former Vice President Joe Biden has entered the 2020 race.
He appeared on ABCâ€™s â€œThe View,â€� where he falsely claimed that there was not even one single whisper of a scandal during the Obama administration.
The Daily Caller reported that Biden said that he was very proud he and President Barack Obama had never experienced a â€œsingle whisper of scandalâ€� during a Friday interview on â€œThe View.â€�
â€œIâ€™m incredibly proud to have served with him,â€� Biden said. â€œThe thing Iâ€™m proudest of is we were each in a different part of the country and we were each talking to groups of people that were being televised. Purely coincidentally we said the same thing. We were asked what are you proudest of from your administration? You know what I said â€” he said the same thing as I did. No one single whisper of scandal. Thatâ€™s because of Barack Obama.â€�
The Daily Caller has reported on multiple scandals during the Obama years in the White House that included paying the Iranian government millions in secret cash, allegations that Obama Department of Justice officials attempted to hack Sharyl Attkissonâ€™s personal devices, as well as a scandal that involved the Internal Revenue Serviceâ€™s alleged targeting of conservative groups.
Itâ€™s possible Biden was just talking about his own experience during the eight years his administration held office, in which case heâ€™d be ignoring one very recent scandal. Biden is facing accusations from at least one individual of inappropriate touching and other unwanted actions, something the potential presidential candidate vehemently denies
Watch the video:
Here are just a FEW of the MANY scandals during the Obama-Biden era.
1. Operation Fast and Furious. This egregious example of a reckless government endangering lives and then scrambling to cover it up has haunted Obama for years. As Daily Wire has explained, â€œOperation Fast and Furious involved the Obama administration arming drug cartels and thugs south of the border as a means to undermine the Second Amendment. The program resulted in the death of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry. One of the Islamic terrorists in the Garland, Texas, attack also used a gun that was obtained through the Fast and Furious program.â€�
The attempt to cover up the fatal program resulted in Obamaâ€™s first AG being held in contempt of Congress:
Then-Attorney General Eric Holder was held in contempt of Congress for stonewalling investigations into Operation Fast and Furious, and President Barack Obama further stonewalled the investigations by wrongly asserting executive privilege. On Tuesday, a federal judge threw out Obamaâ€™s executive privilege assertion on the grounds that the Justice Department â€œhas already publicly revealed the sum and substance of the very material it is now seeking to withhold. Since any harm that would flow from the disclosures sought here would be merely incremental, the records must be produced.â€�
It has also been revealed that Joaquin Guzman, better known as the drug lord â€œEl Chapo,â€� acquired a .50 caliber rifle as a result of Fast and Furious.
2. Benghazi. The terror attacks in Benghazi, Libya resulted in four brave Americans dying despite the fact that help could have been sent, but wasnâ€™t. Requests for security prior to the attack were repeatedly denied, and after the attack Obama and Hillary Clinton falsely blamed it on a video considered offensive to Muslims. During the election, Benghazi became associated with Clintonâ€”and rightly soâ€”but it is also Obamaâ€™s scandal as well. It is still not known what Obama was doing that night.
3. The IRS targeted conservative organizations. In 2013, Lois Lerner, who directed the Internal Revenue Serviceâ€™s Exempt Organizations Unit, admitted that Tea Party organizations were targeted under the agency, but blamed it on lower-level employees. Such organizations were heavily scrutinized with invasive questions. Since then, Lerner and IRS commissioner John Koskinen have denied any wrongdoing and have stonewalled congressional efforts to investigate the matter, citing computer crashes for being unable to turn over related emails.
Meanwhile, a federal court concluded in August that conservative groups might still be facing targeted scrutiny from the IRS. It has also been reported that the Department of Justice (DOJ) knew about the IRSâ€™s targeting of conservative groups as early as 2011.
4. The DOJ seized Associated Press phone records as well as phone and email records from Fox News reporter James Rosen. In the APâ€™s case, the DOJ was investigating a story involving â€œa CIA operation in Yemen that foiled an al-Qaeda plot in the spring of 2012 to set off a bomb on an airplane headed to the United States,â€� according to the Washington Post. The DOJ seized two months of phone records from the AP without informing the news outlet.
â€œThere can be no possible justification for such an overbroad collection of the telephone communications of The Associated Press and its reporters,â€� Gary Pruitt, president of the AP wrote to Holder at the time. â€œThese records potentially reveal communications with confidential sources across all of the newsgathering activities undertaken by the AP during a two-month period, provide a road map to APâ€™s newsgathering operations, and disclose information about APâ€™s activities and operations that the government has no conceivable right to know.â€�
In the Rosen case, the DOJ was investigating a story Rosen did involving North Korea and tracked â€œhis movements and conversations,â€� according to Fox News, including phone numbers belonging to Rosenâ€™s parents. The DOJ had listed Rosen as a â€œco-conspiratorâ€� under the Espionage Act in regards to the storyâ€”allegedly pressing a source for classified information. Rosen was never charged with a crime.
Fox News executive Michael Clemente called the DOJâ€™s actions against Rosen â€œdownright chilling.â€� â€œWe will unequivocally defend [Rosenâ€™s] right to operate as a member of what up until now has always been a free press,â€� Clemente said in a statement, per the Washington Post.
5. The NSA conducted mass surveillance against American citizens without a warrant. Thanks to leaking from former government contractor Edward Snowden, it was revealed that the National Security Agency had been conducting mass surveillance against American citizensâ€”a clear violation of the Fourth Amendment. In 2015, the NSA eventually ended their bulk data collection of phone records.
6. The Obama administration paid ransom to Iran for hostages, and lied to the American people about it. As the Daily Wire has explained, the Obama administration claimed that they were giving a total of $1.7 billion to Iran to settle a failed arms deal with the previous Iranian regime, and it just happened to coincide with the release of four American hostages. The Obama administration also didnâ€™t reveal the details of the agreement to Congress. It was obvious though that it was a ransom deal and the Obama administration lied about it.
Read more here.