Home News Mitt Romney Trashes Trump Over Bolton Firing: “Huge Loss…I’m Unhappy”

Mitt Romney Trashes Trump Over Bolton Firing: “Huge Loss…I’m Unhappy”

by Paul Goldberg

John Bolton was not a good fit for the Trump White House. That said, Trump does like to hear all opinions on a subject before making his decision so there could have been value to having a guy pushing war around.

Who knows why Trump brought him in but we could tell the relationship had soured as Trump continues to follow through on one his main campaign promises – end our stupid wars.

Bolton was a bureaucrat skilled in the art of leaking and often tried to make his case in the press.

So it was a matter of time before Trump sent him packing and believe me this is a good move.

Trump tweeted:

“I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore….

….I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning. I thank John very much for his service. I will be naming a new National Security Advisor next week.”

Enter Mitt Romney. The guy who thinks he matters – he does not. He decided to trash Trump’s firing of Bolton anyway calling it a huge loss. It is not even a little loss. From The Hill

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) defended outgoing national security advisor John Bolton on Tuesday, calling his firing a “huge loss.”

“His view was not always the same as everybody else in the room. That’s why you wanted him there. The fact that he was a contrarian from time to time is an asset not a liability,” Romney told reporters Tuesday after the president tweeted that Bolton had been fired.

“I’m very very unhappy to hear that he’s leaving. It is a huge loss for the administration in my opinion and for the nation,” Romney added.

Trump sent a shockwave through Washington on Tuesday when he announced via tweet that he had dismissed Bolton.

“I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House. I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration,” Trump tweeted.

12 comments

Cat Carillo September 10, 2019 - 19:03

Facebook will not let me post on my time line

boomer2016 September 10, 2019 - 20:20

Thats because Facebook and Google are Censoring anything positive about Trump.

Old Pioneer September 11, 2019 - 03:49

TRIPLE AMEN to that!!!!!!!!!!

boomer2016 September 10, 2019 - 20:24

Some body should tell Romney is Not the President and Never will be, the only reason he’s in the Senate is he had to Flee Massachusetts after he Screwed Up that State and went to Utah to get elected by his Mormon Buddies,,,Romney is a Loser.

Larry Gaines September 10, 2019 - 20:56

Romney STFU and go piss up a rope. Nobody cares what your opinion is or say

Zero Nada September 10, 2019 - 21:06

Shitt Romney Mormon Commie Nobody Cares what you think you Backstabbing Vanilla ISIS Faggot!

Remag1 September 10, 2019 - 21:16

No One Gives A Damn what this RINO POS has to say. He’s a loser now and always was a loser. He inherited everything from his father.

mauloa September 10, 2019 - 22:33

Romney carpetbagged Utah because that is the only state he could run for the Senate and have a chance. The local Republican leadership was not happy – they had some very worthwhile deserving candidates ready. Romney leaned on his religion and not all LDS are enamored with him. A sad example of a man gifted originally – but falling short because of his own narcissist ways and lack of warmth and pathetic politics. Ever notice this time around we don’t see much of his wife?? I think she’s become bored with him as well.

Charles Smith September 11, 2019 - 03:06

If the president needed Mitt Romney`s opinion, he would have asked for it. Otherwise, his opinion is worthless, as he has shown in the past.

Old Pioneer September 11, 2019 - 03:47

Mitt Romney is totally a FUBAR RINO!! Needs to be thrown out of the Senate ASAP!!!

Joann Holmes September 11, 2019 - 17:06

Romney is a worthless a two face liar and just as corrupt as the demoRats he needs to be recalled as he is not a republican just one more Rino.

c1&only September 11, 2019 - 22:27

If Romney is unhappy President Trump must have done the right thing….simple enough.