Home News AOC Claims Trump 4th of July Event Was “Poorly Attended,” Backfires Fast

AOC Claims Trump 4th of July Event Was “Poorly Attended,” Backfires Fast

by Paul Goldberg

Media pundits who claimed turnout would be low for Trump’s 4th of July event were clearly mistaken.

The photos and videos of the event show massive turnout.

That didn’t stop controversial rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez from claiming his parade was “poorly attended.”

Of course, Twitter users quickly fired back to show photos that show the event was anything but “poorly attended.”

From WesternJournal

For the liberal media, it wasn’t as embarrassing as the 2016 election result, but it was up there.

From predicting a potentially pitiful turnout for the Fourth of July festivities in the nation’s capital to producing ominous warnings that Trump was putting on a spectacle simply to put himself at center stage, the mainstream media flubbed the doomsaying that preceded Thursday’s Independence Day celebration in Washington.

And President Donald Trump proved the critics wrong again.

In the run-up to the July Fourth party on the National Mall, there was no shortage of detractors slamming Trump’s plans — whether it was wanting to have military hardware like tanks on hand for American citizens to appreciate, or his decision to speak at an event that presidents in the past have not attended.

The New York Times weighed in Thursday with a particularly egregious headline that stated “Trump ‘salute’ offends some in military” with a summary headline: “Fears of Being Paraded on Fourth as Props.”

The headline was different in the online edition, possibly because someone at The Times realized the story didn’t back up the doomsaying headlines in the slightest. (No active duty military were even quoted, much less any expressing “fears of being paraded as props.”)

One almost-laughable-in-hindsight article published by the U.K. Independent on Thursday practically gloated in advance about what the story said could be an “embarrassingly small crowd” on the National Mall.

Instead, Trump’s speech was a salute to the American military that swelled with pride in its storied past, he avoided the politics of the day and the crowd was huge.

“The event defied the critics who said the celebration on Thursday would be a partisan political spectacle that would not even attract a significant crowd. CBS, ABC, NBC and MSNBC snubbed the celebration and didn’t air it live, save for their online streaming platforms,” Fox News reported.

8 comments

Roger Dunn July 5, 2019 - 22:20

She is mentally retarded

mauloa July 6, 2019 - 01:36

AOC is beyond dangerous – she actually thinks she’s in charge, the spokesperson for the distressed, the under-privileged, the masses over-running the border. However, she does more damage to their cause because she speaks in lies and hypocrisy. AOC is the poster girl for the Democrat party.

Darlene Nyberg July 6, 2019 - 05:16

Just wanted to say sorry couldn’t attend, but just think of us millions of people who watched it on TV and
we were not counted as being there count us all in too. IT was Spectacular. Loved the patriotism it just spread out from there across the world. Great event

origwwotp July 6, 2019 - 07:23

AOC needs to sit down, shut up, and learn facts. She doesn’t do any of these, and she’s a total laughing stock. I have a liberal friend who is 64 and LOVES her. I said, neutrally, “I think she’s naive.” He came unglued on me. LOL I used to think he had some intelligence. But, he was heading to the Capital to protest the Trump administration’s child sex trafficking illegal alien minors — by the border patrol. He must have dementia. Do liberal rags just not cover all the child sex rings he has been busting steadily across the nation? No one loves American and it’s people, or has done more to improve the lives of all Americans than President Donald J Trump, yet they don’t even know anything but the lies made up by the liberals in their death throws. MAGA

Freeland_Dave July 7, 2019 - 00:47

Liberals have a problem when you confront them with facts.

This last Wednesday a liberal acquaintance told me that the VA was a Socialist operation and when I tried to correct him he exploded and refused to listen.

The VA is not a Socialist operation simply because it’s a part of a contract. When I swore into military service the understanding is that if I served honorably that the VA would help me through various situations dependent on my honorable service. I fulfilled my part of the contract and the VA is now fulfilling it’s part, despite politicians in Congress who continually try to wiggle out of it.

Fortunately President Trump is fighting for our military men and women in uniform as well as the Vets who honorably fulfilled their part of their enlistment contract. It’s not great because of the political tape but it is getting better.

Thank you President Trump and may God bless you and your family.

origwwotp July 7, 2019 - 04:02

Well, I decided to become a liberal today. You see, I’m in Oklahoma, and they said in an article ‘there are no reliably conservative states, all states are blue or purple.’ So, I thought I’d help them not be a flat out liar. Not one county was carried by HRC, BHO, or Lying Bill. I’m also a rancher, co-owner of Namllat Cattle Company with my brother and sister. (read the name backwards) with a sister who is over 6 foot, my brother 6’9″. I”m 5’7″.

So, I told my deeply conservative family I had converted, and am a liberal. They said “why?” I said, because as a liberal I can identify as The Tallest. And that further jokes about munchicans had to refer to Some One Else, or I would be offended. And they would be guilty of a HATE crime, since I’m now a protected class. And that I would repeat this until everyone believed if, unless they kissed my ring and said “I believe and I will comply.”

Yes, liberals are certainly idiots, sometimes. But, some of their antics can be useful.

Be sure to fully support D-Rep F. Wilson on her issue for criminalizing mocking elected representatives of the people. As soon as we get that passed, we can arrest Alec Baldwan, Mad Maxine, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Crist Matthews, Acosta, The View… and maybe get some real news back on the air.

Bricktop July 7, 2019 - 12:06

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troof Detector July 6, 2019 - 13:22

Miss Chit in the panties needs to shut her ass.